Joe Satriani & Ibanez
Joe Satriani is one of the most influential rock guitarists in recent times and helped pioneer the instrumental rock guitar movement, inspiring a generation of players. He has collaborated with Ibanez for decades and this acoustic guitar is designed to bring his steel-strung sounds to the stage. He wanted to be able transition easily between the electric and acoustic guitar, so this signature model has many features which allow him to do so, while providing a strong tone and lovely aesthetic.
Solid Tonewoods & Construction for Balanced Tones
The JSA5 features a solid engelmann spruce top which gives a bright tone overall and responds very well to player input. The mahogany back, sides and neck are added for warmth, projection and overall stability. The fingerboard on the JSA5 is cultured maple which provides bright overtones while giving the appearance of a darker wood such as rosewood. The body is constructed with X bracing, assisting with sustain and responsiveness.
A Comfortable Playing Experience & Stand-Out Looks
To provide a comfortable playing experience, the JSA5 features a versatile body shape; the Grand Auditorium. This shape features a sleek and curvaceous body that is ideal for both fingerpicking players and those who prefer to play with heavier strumming. The JSA5 features a deep single cutaway to provide easier high-fret access while the neck is a slim design and made to feel comfortable for electric guitarists looking to transition to an acoustic instrument.
The guitar body and neck are both ivory-bound giving a classy appearance, while the vintage burst finish in high gloss really brings out the beauty of the wood underneath. The Grover machine heads and Ibanez Advantage Bridge Pins ensure stable tuning and quicker string changes.
The JSA5 features a Fishman Sonicore pickup alongside a Fishman Presys preamp system with a handy onboard tuner. This gives it a professional amplified tone with bass, middle, and treble controls to sculpt your sound. This is a guitar that is ready to be used in a live sound environment or in rehearsals and will give both a solid acoustic tone and versatile amplified sounds.
- Solid englelmann spruce top on mahogany body
- X bracing
- Mahogany neck and cultured maple fingerboard
- Ivory binding
- Ibanez Advantage bridge pins for easier string changes
- Fishman Sonicore Pickup and Presys preamp with on-board tuner
- Florentine cutaway for easy top fret access
- Grover machine heads for stabe tuning
Body & Bridge
- Series: Joe Satriani Signature Series
- Body Shape: JSA body
- Bracing: X Bracing
- Top: Solid Engelmann Spruce Top
- Back & Sides: Mahogany Back & Sides
- Body Binding: Ivory
- Bridge: Cultured Maple
- Bridge Pins: Ibanez Advantage Bridge Pins
- Soundhole Rosette: Abalone Rosette
- Finish top: Gloss
- Finish Back & Sides: Gloss
- Body Dimensions:
- Length: 20"
- Width: 16"
- Max Depth: 4 1/4"
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Cultured Maple
- Radius: 305mm
- Neck Thickness: 20mm at 1st fret, 21mm at 7th fret
- Nut Width: 43mm
- Scale Length: 651 mm
- Finish Neck Back: Gloss
- Inlay: Abalone Dot Inlay
- Number of Frets: 20
Hardware & Electronics
- Strings: D'Addario EXP Strings
- Tuning Machine: Grover Chrome Die-Cast Tuners w/Half Moon Knobs
- Pickup: Fishman Sonicore Pickup
- Preamp: Fishman Presys Preamp w/Onboard Tuner
- Controls: Bass, Middle, Treble, Phase, Tuner, Volume, Battery-Check
- Output Jack: 1/4" Endpin Jack
- Battery: 9V Battery